السبت، 13 أغسطس 2011

My Favorite Boat by Dawn Riley

In our special 45th anniversary collector’s issue we feature prominent sailors telling us about their favorite boat. In the issue, on newsstands now, Skip Novak, Sir Robin Knox-Johnston, Buddy Melges, Bill Pinkney, Gary Jobson and JJ Fetter write about their favorite boats.
http://www.sailingmagazine.net/images/Worlds St Tropez.jpeg
In this special online-only story, America’s Cup veteran Dawn Riley writes about her favorite boats. Read the rest of them in the September issue of SAILING Magazine, or stay tuned to www.sailingmagazine.net to read more in coming weeks.
My favorite boat is … I have no idea.  They are kind of like guys I’ve dated: each one has something sexy and special. Firefly, a beautiful mahogany bright red and varnished Great Lakes Cutter, was the boat on which I discovered sailing. Probably culminating in the relatively short trip where us three kids delivered her through a significant squall and up the St. Clair River, holding our own under sail against a 3-knot current and pulling into port due to a split in the engine exhaust tube. I was 13, my sister Dana was 11, and brother Todd was 8 and we handled it all just fine. Talk about a self-confidence boost.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق